Welcome to the 46th Annual NABA Convention & Expo! The 2017 convention will be held June 6-10, 2017 in New Orleans, Louisiana. New Orleans provides the perfect backdrop for a week of high-energy networking, relationship building, learning and recognizing individuals who have contributed to NABA's success and history. Join more than 2,000 members, partners and guests in the “Crescent City” at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside as we explore the convention theme, “DARE to LEAD”.
Kick back and join us for drinks as we prepare to attend the NABA Annual Convention in New Orleans! Learn about convention activities hosted by Seattle area companies (Amazon, Boeing, Microsoft & more) and join our "NABA Convention Seattle Folks" GroupMe for communication and meetups throughout the convention. All Seattle professionals are welcome!
Last year the Seattle Chapter of the National Association of Black Accountants partnered with the Seattle Urban League Young Professionals (SULYP) to host the Women in Leadership panel discussion and we are back this year!
Join us for the 2nd annual celebration of Women in Leadership as we are excited to hear from another set of dynamic leaders!
From corporate, entrepreneurship to public sector, the panel discussion will center around rising to the occasion, particularly when faced with both opportunities and challenges throughout your career and personal life, while remaining your authentic self.
The discussion will also include building self awareness and transforming from individual contributor to people manager.. Additionally, panelists will share personal insights for navigating your career as black professionals.
Learn, get inspired and network with Seattle area professionals.
We look forward to seeing you there!
For additional information or questions, please contact:
Faika Mukendi| email@example.com | 253.267.2467
The NABA National Convention & Expo brings together nearly 2,000 participants from across the country from multiple disciplines in the industry. You do not want to miss this gathering of accounting, finance and business professionals and the opportunity to learn best practices from your colleagues.
The 2016 National Convention & Expo will showcase cutting edge and timely topics impacting accounting and finance professionals in the marketplace and workplace, as well as provide opportunities to connect with subject matter experts for the exchange of ideas. Hear the latest trends from the top corporate industry leaders, agencies and key organizations such as the “Big 4”, AICPA, State Street, and many more!
The 2016 education tracks have something for everyone and will offer a wide arrange of session to reach professionals in every segment of the field – accounting, finance, audit, ethics, information technology, consulting, and tax. In addition to extensive learning opportunities with over 40 educational sessions to choose from and an opportunity to earn at least 18 hours of CPE credits.
June 21-22, 2016 - Leadership Development Institutes
June 22-24, 2016 - General Convention
June 25, 2016 - NABA Day of Service
The Diplomat Resort & Spa Hotel
3555 South Ocean Drive
Hollywood, Florida 33019
The Boeing Company’s Corporate Audit organization is pleased to offer yet another unique professional development and networking opportunity on April 21, 2016 in Seattle. This year’s event will focus on training and development of mid-career, finance and accounting and auditing professionals. Details are provided below.
The program will feature two roundtables:
- Academic Roundtable - highlighting colleges from the Pacific Northwest, including organizational overviews and educational strategies to support auditor training
- Chief Audit Executive (CAE) Roundtable - focusing on how industry risk affects their organizations and their strategies and challenges for hiring and developing auditors to manage those risks
- Bavan Holloway, CPA, CGMA, CIA, CRMA - Chief Audit Executive, The Boeing Company
- Brooke DeBay, Managing Director, Audit Programs, Alaska Air Group
- Scott Howe, Assistant Vice President, Costco Wholesale
- Joyce Kirangi, CPA, CGMA, Director of Internal Audit, Port of Seattle
- Sarah Bee, Senior Instructor, Department of Accounting, Seattle University
- Ken Smith, PhD, Associate Professor of Accounting, Central Washington University
- Thomas Phillips, CPA, MBA, Lecturer and BAP Faculty Advisor, Department of Accounting, University of Washington
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA) – Seattle Chapter
- National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) – Seattle Chapter
- ASCEND Pan-Asian Leaders – Seattle Chapter
Contact Victoria L. Johnson at Victoria.L.Johnson@boeing.com and provide the following information: name, phone number, and contact email.
Professional affinity groups (ALPFA, NABA, ASCEND) will provide information on their organizations and how they can foster career development and networking support.
- Cost is free and includes admission to The Museum of Flight before or after the event.
- Free CPE : 2.5 hours
- There will be opportunities for networking
Financial Strategies 101: Making the Most of Your Money Workshop
Get started on smart financial management by: • Setting goals • Paying yourself first • Keeping emergency reserves • Using company retirement plans
EY will host its annual Elements of Success Program at the University of Washington Foster Business School (Paccar Hall Room 290) on Thursday, September 24th and we are asking for volunteers to network with students, deliver presentations and assist with mock interviews.
The purpose of the Elements of Success Program is to expose diverse students to a professional services firm like EY and prepare them for career fairs, leadership conferences/interviews and club presentations.
The half day will consist of presentations discussing the do’s and don’ts of dressing, interviewing, networking, communications styles and resume writing. Immediately following the presentations, networking receptions and/or real-time feedback will be provided to the student participants.
The areas where we will really need NABA volunteers is the Resume building workshop/reviews and the Mock Interviews. The more time we can get volunteers to attend the better but we understand you are busy, so we are asking for these as the most important items.
Please sign up to volunteer and indicate your selected event/time preference for participation in the recruiting schedule below via e-mail to Andre Gill-McVey at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 11.
For any questions regarding this event, please contact Andre Gill-McVey at email@example.com or call (206) 310-2739.
(See 2015 EOS Recruiting Schedule/Agenda below)
Arrivals & set-up
TBD (at least 8)
8:30 - 9:00am
Breakfast, network with students
9:00 - 9:15am
Campus recruiting or professionals
TBD x 2
9:15 - 9:40am
Resume building workshop
Manager and above
9:40 - 10:15am
Interview skills workshop
Manager and above
10:15 - 10:55am
Manager and above x 6-8
10:55 - 11:35am
11:35 - 12:15pm
Manager and above
12:15 - 12:40pm
NABA student conference comments
NABA volunteer to be determined
12:40 - 12:55pm
Campus recruiting or professional
12:55 - 1:00pm
As part of this mission, we host an annual scholarship banquet to recognize budding high school and college students interested in accounting, finance and business. Our theme for the banquet, “Connect. Collaborate. Cultivate. Bridging the Generational Divide,” is in tandem with NABA’s national objectives for the year.
SULYP's 2015 Leadership Summit
"LEADERSHIP = Action + Vision"
Friday May 1st - Saturday May 2nd
Sponsor and Host: Microsoft
SULYP's Leadership Summit is an annual one-day symposium aimed to arm more of Seattle's community and professional leaders with the strategies, competencies, tools, and network to further their careers, businesses, and community advocacy.
Register today and get your tickets to the Leadership Summit at an early bird rate - $55 students, $70 SULYP members, and $90 non-members.
The Leadership Summit includes an array of focused sessions and workshops facilitated by Key Executives, Career Coaches, Entrepreneurs, and Public Officials. Each workshop has an objective to advance each participants’ essential skill-sets, core values and behaviors, as well as career strategies that essentially promotes professional development.
The agenda for the weekend is as follows, please choose which option you want to attend upon registering.
B@M/Microsoft Attendees, please note, your May 1st agenda will be from 9 am-1 pm, then SULYP attendees will join for the afternoon session. Please follow the registration instructions to note your attendance for the first portion.
Friday May 1st (Location: Microsoft Conference Center, Building: 33 (MSCC, East Campus)
16070 N.E. 36th Way, Redmond, WA 98052):
- 1:00-4:30 pm, Working Session: Shift Your Brilliance: Harness the Power of You, Inc.
- 5:00 -7:00 pm, Networking Reception
Saturday May 2nd : (Location: Building THE MIXER, (The Commons) 15255 NE 40th Street, North Commons, Redmond, WA 98052)
- 8:00-9 am-Registration & Breakfast Served
Sessions 1: "Start" 2 parallel Interactive tracks- 9:05 am-10:25 am
- Vision: "Who's that in the Mirror", Self-Assessment
- Economics: “Spreading the Word” - Marketing Your Ideas to the World
Session 2: "Plan" 2 parallel Interactive tracks 10:30 am-11:50 am
- Vision: "Making a Path" Strategic Life planning
- Economics: "C.R.E.A.M." – Funding Your Ideas
12:00-1:00-Break for Lunch
Lunch Discussion, Advocates - "Revolution or Reform"
Session 3: "Action" 2 parallel Interactive tracks 1:05 pm-2:30 pm
- Visionary: "Opening Doors" Personal Branding & Networking
- Economics: "Blue or Red Pill" The Path to Wealth
Discussion & Closing-(Everyone will attend this session) 2;35 pm-4:00 pm
- Advocates - The right tool for the job, which way do we go
- Closeout/Awards Thanks giving/Future Info
4:00 pm - Meet and greet with Panelist and speakers
Wrap up party-8:00 pm–1 pm, Summit Celebration - TBA
The Boeing Company’s Corporate Audit organization is pleased to partner with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) to offer a unique professional development and networking opportunity on April 30, 2015 in Seattle
Respective professional certification groups (ACFE, IIA, ISACA) will provide information on the development resources that each identifies for professional internal auditors.
Additionally, a Chief Audit Executive (CAE) roundtable will focus on the changing roles and expectations of internal auditors in both the public and private sectors.
Following the event, a networking session will be held and participants are invited to visit the Museum of Flight.
· Bavan Holloway, CPA, CGMA, CIA, CRMA - Chief Audit Executive, The Boeing Company
· Lynda Karseboom, CGAP, CRMA - Chief Audit Executive & Ethics Advisor – Washington State Department of Health
· Dominique Vincenti, CIA, CRMA - VP of Internal Audit & Financial Controls, Nordstrom
· Sanjay Singh, Vice President, Internal Audit Services – Starbucks Coffee Company
· Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) – Puget Sound Chapter
· ISACA – Puget Sound Chapter
· Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) – Puget Sound Chapter
Date: Thursday, April 30, 2015
Time: 2:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Location: The Museum of Flight
9404 E Marginal Way S
Seattle, WA 98108
Free CPE! : 1.5 hours
Cost: Cost is free, and includes admission to The Museum of Flight upon event completion.
Advanced Event Registration
Contact: Victoria Johnson - victoria.l.Johnson@boeing.com , to register and include the following information: Name, phone number, and contact email.
NABA Seattle kicks off its Professional Development Series in January with a networking opportunity in partnership with The Boeing Company at the Seattle Repertory Theater. Have candid conversations with key accounting / finance executives and discuss career paths in one of Seattle's Fortune 500 companies. Cap the evening off with a complimentary viewing of the theatrical rendition of August Wilson's The Piano Lesson. Attendance is selective, with preference given to NABA Seattle Professional and Student Chapter Members.
Join the waiting list: https://nabadevelopmentseries.eventbrite.com
The Seattle Chapter of Girl Friends® ,Inc. is in the midst of planning our annual Holiday event, “Paint the Town Red”, set for December 7, 2014 We would like to invite you and your members to attend this wonderful and entertaining afternoon event. The event is from 1 – 5pm at the Renton Pavilion Event Center.
In addition to a delicious brunch, there will be a silent auction, and dancing to the music of the Clinton Ellison Experience. As a chapter of the National Girl Friends® Inc. organization our motto is “Fun and Friendship”, however, a huge part of our mission is to provide scholarships for high school seniors.
Renaissance Seattle Hotel - November 19 - 8:00 AM - 1.5 CPE Credits
Are you interested in understanding how to leverage your strengths as a leader? True leaders understand that developing and deepening leadership skills and style is a continual process. Join your professional peers over breakfast to hear from two outstanding speakers who have different approaches, but know how to guide you in discovering your strengths and applying them as a leader.
- Rachel Dexheimer will explore how the corporate world is similar to the animal kingdom. She will guide you in determining which animal you are, what other types to watch out for, what types to partner with and the strengths and challenges of the different types of “animals” in your corporate kingdom.
- Tim Russell will facilitate short (but robust), vulnerable (but fun) conversation about self-awareness in order to increase leadership effectiveness. He’ll cover rethinking one’s role in leadership, knowing yourself more effectively to build connections with others, and the power of storytelling to build your leadership brand
Fees: Member/Non-Member - $40.00